The Pasta Maker is very busy with your demand for our gluten free gnocchi. The recipe has been developed by us to ensure that you experience soft, delicate gnocchi exactly as the Italians do.
Many good restaurants in Italy are using gluten free flours to obtain a lighter consistency to their gnocchi. Here at The Big Dream Factory however, we have gone one better and have actually managed to reduce the amount of flour we use by replacing it with yucca which helps to bind the dough together. This also means that we never have to crack an egg into our dough and our gluten free gnocchi is not only low in carbohydrate but is also suitable as a vegan dish.
If you are wondering how to prepare our gluten free gnocchi, it’s the same principle as preparing traditional gnocchi. After boiling in the water it will start to float to the surface. All you have to do is to spoon it out with a slotted spoon as it sits on the surface.
Shop for gluten free gnocchi:
- Gluten free gnocchi – Spinach
- Gluten free gnocchi – Plain
- Gluten free gnocchi – Butternut Squash
- Gluten free gnocchi – Sweet Potato
Gnocchi is often served tossed in a little pesto. In the photo below we used our kale and walnut pesto. If you are preparing a sauce to serve with your gnocchi, ensure that the sauce is warm and not too heavy. Gnocchi is quite delicate.
Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Place the gnocchi into a sieve a little at a time to shake off the excess flour before pouring the gnocchi into the boiling water.
- It will sink immediately.
- When the gnocchi rises to the top of the water, it is ready.
- Remove the cooked gnocchi from the water using a slotted spoon and add it to your chosen sauce