On Saturday 9th March, it will be National Meatball Day! Time to get your spaghetti on 🙂 We have for you a great recipe for turkey and sun dried tomato tapenade meatballs.
Turkey and sun dried tomato tapenade meatballs – Yes, we are here to tell you that you can make a meatball with virtually anything that you love the most.
We are often asked what we do with our own products so here is a suggestion for our much loved sun dried tomato and black olive tapenade. We add our tapenade to quite a few dishes to add that little extra ‘WOW’ that we are all looking for.
Here is a great meatball recipe incorporating one of Italy’s most beloved pantry staples – the sun-dried tomato. We always use our food processor for making meatballs because it will give you that lovely smooth texture that we all love.
Perfect to serve with your favorite pasta. We suggest you serve your turkey and sun dried tomato meatballs with our San Marzano tomato sauce.
Turkey and sun dried tomato meatballs – makes 12 or more medium size
- 3/4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup freshly ground breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 oz butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Pasta Nostra USA sun dried tomato and black olive tapenade
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until everything is combined.
- Use your hands to form palm-sized meatballs, or smaller, or larger. Arrange them on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes before turning them and cooking for a further 10 – 15 minutes or until browned all over. turn them
- Remove from the oven and add them to your sauce. Cover and bring to a simmer in the sauce then cook slowly for a further 30 minutes. Alternatively you can add them to a baking pan, add the sauce, cover with aluminium foil (tightly) and cook at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta!