Rigatoni is a tubular pasta, often slightly curved, with ridges along the side to catch sauce and is perfect for meaty and tomato sauces, baking or serving in salads. It is categorized under the heading ‘Short Pasta‘ and is often confused with Penne pasta which is pointed at both ends with a smooth texture.
Our rigatoni is extruded, cut by hand, delivered to you fresh and therefore only takes minutes to cook to al dente. It is available in Italiano or Whole wheat but also a wide selection of natural flavours including those available seasonally at The Farm.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the rigatoni, stir, allow the water to come back to a boil.
- Check the pasta now since it does cook very quickly – 1 to 2 minutes.
- At the al dente stage, drain and run the pasta over cold running water to stop it cooking further.
- Allow it to drain again and bake with your chosen sauce.